Yes, only 100 days until the 2007 Prague Quadrennial! But what is the Prague Quadrennial?
Answer = Its the International Competitive Theatre Design Exhibition, the largest international theatre design exhibition the world has to offer. The official PQo7 site describes it rather aptly with this tagline; “See the entire world in 10 days” For an overview of PQ07 and a little of its history visit our Prague Quadrennial page, or the offical website.
Top 5 Prague Facts:
- 11th Prague Quadrennial.
- 1967: Year of the first Prague Quadrennial.
- 6 Countries exhibiting in 1967.
- 60 Participating countries in 2007.
- 10 Days, in which to see the world!
20 Scenofest Facts:
- 10 Days of Scenofest June 15th-June 24th.
- 7500 applications 1500 places.
- 60 Scenofest performances over 10 days.
- Over 30 lectures and presentations.
- 60 Babel Bells.
- 20 Babel Panels on which to display the Babel Designs.
- 40 Exhibitors in “The Birds”
- Nearly 150 exhibits in the virtual birds exhibition.
- 3 Birdboxes at the entrance to the Industrial Palace.
- 12:30 – Prompt start for the Top Ten Talks.
- 13th & 18th June – Dates for “Reaching for the Heavens”.
- 2 workshops of 30 Participants each in “Reaching for the Heavens”.
- 6 Teams involved in “Laptop Connections”.
- 1:4 Model Theatre to explore lighting design.
- 4 days: the duration of the longest presentation!
- 40mins: maximum length of Scenofest performances.
- 6 Tours around the PQ.
- 4 Tours around Prague and other venues in the Czech Republic.
- 12 Areas in which you can still volunteer.
- 15 Team members on the Scenofest Team Page.