The winners of the Golden Triga of the 11th Prague Quadrennial is Russia. Widely regarded around the Industrial Palace as one of the best presented exhibits the Russian curators used Russia’s favourite playwright Anton Chekov work as a design concept for their extraordinary display.
Other winning entries follow:
- Portugal – (Gold) Best stage design
- Mexico – (Gold) Best costume design
- Germany – (Gold) Best realisation of a production design
- South Africa – (Gold) Best realisation of a production design
- Latvia – (Gold) Best exposition
- Slovakia – (Gold) Best use of theatre technology
- Spain – (Gold) Best Theatre Architectur
- Four schools were awarded UNESCO prizes: DAMU, Czech Republic, Aristotle, Greece (Two awards), Chile and Serbia
By Corinne Robinson & Nikos Kalaitzidis, photograph by Nikos Kalaitzidis.