World Stage Design is an international celebration of stage design that will include digital and gallery style exhibitions. The first World Stage Design was held in Toronto, Canada 2005. The 2009 World Stage Design is a joint project of the Korea Theatre Artist Association (KTAA, OISTAT-Korea) and the International Organisation of Scenographers, Technicians, and Architects of Theatre (OISTAT)
Digital and Gallery exhibition (Realised)
- Every designer in the world is invited to submit one or more entries into WSD 2009.
- Each entry is for a single event or production
- An entry may be any form of stage, film, television or other entertainment event or production.Each entry must be for a realised event or production; no conceptual projects accepted.
- Each entry must have been produced in the period from 1 January – 31 December 2008
- Each entrant must aquire any necessary permissions for the use of all photographs
Every theatre school and theatre group are eligible.
Any group participant is invited to apply for the showcase exhibition
Twelve group participant are to be selected and invited by the KTAA in order to realise twelve scenes of Oscar Wilde’s “The Selfish Giant”. According to OISTAT practice, the maximum of twelve group participants are to be invited for the two weeks in the realisation period prior to WSD 2009.
Entry Deadline : 15th February 2009
Apply : http://www.wsd2009.kr